"A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend."-Unknown
"Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."-Bender from The Breakfast Club
"Read to your heart's content. Though if you are a reader, the heart is never content."-from
Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

the music post

As you all know by now, K and I are very passionate about music of mostly all sorts. Therefore, I thought I should share what I've been listening to....list style (because lists make everything better). Before I begin, though, I'd like to dedicate this list to Owen, quite possibly the greatest character ever developed by an author and a true freak for music just like us :)

CD's I've Checked Out From the Library Recently:
-¡Uno! by Green Day
-¡Dos! by Green Day
-¡Tré! by Green Day
-21st Century Breakdown by Green Day (notice a pattern yet?)
-Dookie by Green Day
-Sky Full of Holes by Fountains of Wayne
-Codes and Keys by Death Cab for Cutie
-Lonely Avenue by Ben Folds
-B.R.M.C. by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
-There Is Nothing Left to Lose by Foo Fighters
-One by One by Foo Fighters
-Wasting Light by Foo Fighters (Great album....seriously there was only one song that I didn't particularly care for, the rest were amazing. Arlandria is the best in my opinion)
-Subterranean Jungle by Ramones
-Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Take Off Your Pants and Jacket by Blink-182
-Enema of the State by Blink-182
-Suck it and See by Arctic Monkeys
-Humbug by Arctic Monkeys
-Get Behind Me Satan by The White Stripes
-Icky Thump by The White Stripes
-The White Stripes by The White Stripes (bet you didn't guess who this album was by)
-X&Y by Coldplay
-Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay
-The Clash by The Clash (gee they're really original with their titles aren't they?)
-Daisy by Brand New
-Holy Smoke by Gin Wigmore
*As you can see, I'm kind of all over the place musically, but stick in the vein of rock for the most part.

Twenty-Odd Songs That I've Come Across Elsewhere and Really Enjoy:
  1. Surfer Girl--Home Grown
  2. Definitely Maybe--FM Static
  3. Sheena Is a Punk Rocker--Ramones
  4. If It Kills Me--Jason Mraz
  5. Shiver--Coldplay
  6. To Be With You--Mr. Big
  7. Layla--Eric Clapton
  8. Calypso--Spiderbait (which reminds me of "Hate Spinnerbait" from Ms. Dessen's novels)
  9. Fight For Your Right--Beastie Boys
  10. Summertime--Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (I actually love this song...and all versions thereof but this is my favorite cover)
  11. These Roses--Gin Wigmore
  12. Holding On To You--Twenty One Pilots
  13. Jude Law and a Semester Abroad--Brand New
  14. Mix Tape--Brand New
  15. The Sky is Crying--Albert King (also a great cover of a great song)
  16. Play Crack the Sky--Brand New
  17. Happy Together--Filter
  18. Kissing You Goodbye--The Used
  19. I'll Be Seeing You--Billie Holiday
  20. Master Celebrator--No Fun At All
  21. Goodnight Moon--Go Radio
  22. Drive Away My Heart--Ida Maria
  23. Shark in the Water (Blame Remix)--VV Brown
  24. New Born--Muse
  25. Crave You (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)--Flight Facilities
  26. La Vie en Rose--Louis Armstrong (He truly has the richest voice I've ever heard)
  27. Just Like Heaven--The Cure
  28. Leona--Millen Colin
  29. Flavor of the Weak--American Hi-Fi
So, I realize this post was essentially just lists, but I thought I'd give you guys some suggested music to listen to this summer :)
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment