"A good book on your shelf is a friend that turns its back on you and remains a friend."-Unknown
"Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."-Bender from The Breakfast Club
"Read to your heart's content. Though if you are a reader, the heart is never content."-from
Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3) Stormbreaker

Ok so I know what you're thinking: Stormbreaker is kind of a younger book (like middle school not high school), but I've heard for a long time that it's a good book and have seen several reading it so I finally gave it a shot and was very pleased. It recieved a 5star rating bc it was truly the most interesting and captivating book I've read in a very long time. All 192 pages kept my interest (which is pretty hard to do) and I rushed home to finish the last 30 or 40 pages before doing anything else (such as what I needed to do: hw). I had a friend tell me the fate of one of the characters as I was reading it and it was so far-fetched that I told him there was no way that actually happens. Well, it did. Now I have to face him tomorrow and admit that he was right...which isn't always easy. Oh well, back to the book. It's about a 14-year-old boy, Alex Rider, who's uncle just died in a car incident. However, Alex soon discovers that his uncle wasn't a banker, but a top secret agent for M16. When his uncle dies and his boss discovers Alex's potential, he is "convinced" to finish what his uncle started. He is to figure out what's going on with a new kind of computer called a Stormbreaker that is to be released to all the schoolchildren in England at once in a few weeks. Can Alex keep himself away from all the dangers of the spy-life? I would HIGHLY reccommend this book. It's especially great for a short read (like if you have to do a last-minute book report or want to finish a book in a day or less). Anyway, so after I finished reading the book and then read the teaser for the second book, I am anxiously awaiting the notification to come that will tell me that the second book is in at the library. Until then, I will keep Alex and his story in my mind until I can have some more questions answered in the next book, Point Blank. Feel free to leave comments if you have read/heard of/want to read/have opinions about this book or whatever. Enjoy your lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment